Truck Driver Test Assessment
Truck Drivers are responsible for transporting goods from one place to another using heavy or tractor-trailer trucks. Some work locally making deliveries to businesses or customer residences. Route drivers typically work the same path making distributions to retail establishments, such as grocery stores. Pick-up and delivery drivers carry goods from a transport center to a business or private customer. These drivers usually operate in a particular area consistently. Over-the- road, or long-haul, truck drivers carry merchandise over state lines. In some cases, these drivers travel a consistent route, but others may work a variety of routes all over the country. Some commercial drivers specialize in carrying uncommon cargo, such as hazardous materials or cars.
Preferred Skills :
- Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Take orders for new deliveries.
- Drive long distances.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Keep a log of their activities.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Get goods to a client on time.
- Take rest periods during a trip.
- Transport hazardous materials.
- Take special precautions while driving.
- Buy or lease trucks from other companies.
- Find and keep clients.
- Maintain the log of trips.
1. Basic Arithmetic Skills- Quantitative Aptitude
2. Spatial Awareness- Abstract Reasoning
3. The Ability to read and write English- Verbal Ability and Verbal Reasoning
4. Knowledge of truck operations and necessary Government Regulations
5. A valid driver’s license and good driving record
6. Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
Test Details : 40 questions 50 minutes
Abstract Reasoning - 10 Questions and 20 minutes
Quantitative - 10 Questions and 10 minutes
Verbal Ability - 10 Questions and 10 minutes
Verbal Reasoning - 10 Questions and 10 minutes