Linux Assessment Test
Linux is a free and open-source operating system which is built with the help of a Linux kernel. The person who knows to Linux OS needs to have knowledge of fundamental Linux concepts like copying and moving files, creating symbolic and hard links, and using Linux standard text-processing commands along with pipelines and redirection. A Linux expert is a person who is either a website developer or server system administrator. To operate a fully managed server, one must know the fundamental knowledge of Linux.
Linux assessment test is created and validated by global subject matter experts (SMEs) to assess and hire Linux developers and Linux administrator as per industry standards. Basic Linux knowledge test helps recruiters & hiring managers to validate the Linux proficiency of candidates before hiring.
Linux skills assessment test helps to screen the candidates who possess below traits:
- Strong in System performance tuning
- Linux Operating Systems, and VMware.
- Strong engineering and administration experience
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux with in-depth knowledge of OS installation
Our Linux assessment ensures that the new hires will be suitable for the position of a Linux professionals having a fundamental knowledge of Linux basics, Linux operating system, and Linux commands. This will be done through our screening tests which are automated and will provide you with detail analytical reports of each appeared candidate. Our score reports will help you to measure the skills which will help the recruitment manager to carry out a further process of selection.
This pre-employment test is useful for hiring:
- Linux System Administrator
- Linux Server Administration
- Linux Files Manager
Our online Linux knowledge test enables employers and recruiters to identify & hire potential Linux professionals by evaluating the working skills and job readiness of candidates. For this reason, an emphasis is laid upon evaluating the knowledge of applied skills gained through real work experience rather than theoretical knowledge.
The test may contain MCQ's (Multiple Choice Questions), MAQ's (Multiple Answer Questions), Fill in the Blank, Descriptive, Whiteboard Questions, Audio / Video Questions, True or False.
Test Duration: 20 minutes
20 Application Questions
The Linux skills test contains a combination of application and theory questions that help you to evaluate technical as well as practical skills of candidates
Linux Assessment Skill Test
Question #1 of 3
A user executes the following command successfully:
$ chmod +x file1.txt
Which of the following is TRUE about the output of this command?
The command results in adding execute permission to the user who ran this command
The command results in adding execute permission for the owner of the file
The command results in an error since the file is not an executable file
The command results in adding execute permission for all users (i.e., user,group & others)
Question #2 of 3
To open a file 'file1' with the cursor at line number 4, which of the following will be used?
vi +num file1
vi +set num file1
vi + “set num” file1
vi +/se nu file1
Question #3 of 3
What is the output of the following program?
x = 3; y = 5; z = 10;
if [( $x -eq 3 ) -a ( $y -eq 5 -o $z -eq 10 )]
Note:If score<= 30% then its a Weakness. If score >=70% then its a Strength.
Java EE, Oracle PL/SQL, Analytical Thinking
Good News! You can customize this test as per the job profile
- Choose and add questions from Interview Mocha question libraries
- Add your own set of questions
- Mail us at email@example.com to create a custom test
- Customize test settings like duration, number of questions, passing score, web proctoring and much more
How Interview Mocha works?
Add this test to your account
Invite candidates to take this test online
Candidates take the test
View and share actionable test reports
Trusted by leading brands worldwide
Why hiring managers and recruiters across the globe love Interview Mocha
- Largest number of ready pre-employment skill tests
- Relevant test compositions and quality questions designed by Subject Matter Experts (IM SME)
- Fastest custom test creation DNA
- World’s most super easy skill assessment platform
- High level of platform security implementation
- Friendly and quick customer support
- Ready to listen and implement your feedback, we are all ears
- Affordable pricing